Quick Course in Pennsylvania Limited Tort
The insurance adjuster, and perhaps another lawyer with whom you spoke, have scared you. They have made you believe that you will be unable to recover damages for the significant pain and suffering you are experiencing simply because you chose to purchase limited tort insurance.
They May Be Wrong
You may be able to recover full tort damages after a Pennsylvania accident even if you are covered by limited tort insurance. However, in order to recover full damages you will need to prove that one of the following exceptions applies to you:
- You got hurt while you were a pedestrian.
- You got hurt while you were riding your motorcycle.
- You got hurt while you were a passenger on a commercial vehicle.
- The driver who hurt you is convicted of drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs.
- The driver who hurt you was driving a car that was registered in a state other than Pennsylvania.
- You sustained an injury that caused a serious impairment to a significant bodily function.
You Will Need to Fight
It is unlikely that an insurance company is going to suggest a full tort settlement for you. Instead, you are going to have to protect your own legal rights and advocate for your fair recovery. Our Pennsylvania limited tort lawyers can help you do just that. We are on your side and we want you to get the full recovery that you deserve. For more information, please contact us today for a FREE consultation.